Reynolds Jr., Joel C.
Joel C. Reynolds, Jr.
Joel C. Reynolds, Jr., is an associate attorney with Byrd & Wiser, the premiere business and commercial law and litigation firm on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and surrounding areas. Mr. Reynolds was born in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, on November 10, 1986. He was raised in a military household and graduated from Ronald Reagan High School in San Antonio, Texas.
He attended Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas, where he received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice in 2010. In 2011, Mr. Reynolds began his legal studies at Mississippi College School of Law. While in law school, he worked at the Office of the Federal Public Defender and was licensed for limited practice. He earned his Doctor of Jurisprudence in 2014.
Mr. Reynolds is licensed to practice law in all state and federal courts in Mississippi. His prior experience includes criminal defense and civil litigation. He was previously employed at the Mississippi Center for Legal Services, a non-profit organization focused on providing representation in civil matters for those that cannot afford to hire legal counsel.
Mr. Reynolds joined Byrd & Wiser in April of 2021. He is a member of the Harrison County Young Lawyers Association and resides in Gulfport, Mississippi. In his spare time, he enjoys drawing, fishing, and playing with his dog, Charlie.
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- J.D. - 2014
- Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas
- B.S. - 2010
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Mississippi, 2015
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 2015
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 2015
- Harrison County Young Lawyers Association, Member
- State Bar Association of Mississippi, Member
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney at Byrd & Wiser, Attorneys at Law